Get Help with Technology
How you can help us help you:
All calls are logged in a database for tracking and reference. The HU HelpDesk will try to solve your problem over the phone first. Be prepared to answer some questions and follow some troubleshooting instructions. You most certainly will be asked questions similar to these:
- What kind of computer are you working from? PC, Mac, or Windows NT, 2000, XP?
- What is your login ID and context?
- What program were you in when you experienced the error? What were you attempting to do?
- If you are experiencing a problem with a monitor or hardware, what model is it?
Allowing the HelpDesk personnel to login to your account can assist with solving the problem. Problems are attended to in the order received. Do not report a problem to a support staff member directly. This will only delay the process. All calls must be reported to the HelpDesk before a staff member can begin working on the problem.
In most cases, the person experiencing the problem should report the problem. If you cannot provide the following information, the HelpDesk may need to speak directly to the person experiencing the problem before proceeding:
- Be familiar with the problem.
- Be able to login as that person.
- Be prepared to troubleshoot the problem with the HelpDesk staff.
The HelpDesk provides technical support services to students, faculty and staff members in the Harrisburg University campus community.
|Hours:||Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.|